Style Guide (Names and Places)
This serves as a basic guide for matters of style specific to Notre Dame.
- Formal Name: University of Notre Dame du Lac
- Appropriate first reference: University of Notre Dame
- Appropriate second reference: Notre Dame
- Abbreviation: ND
- President: Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C. Appropriate second reference: Father Jenkins, President Jenkins. In running text, there are always commas before and after the religious designation (C.S.C.) unless it falls at the end of the sentence.
- Provost: Marie Lynn Miranda
- Executive Vice-President: Shannon Cullinan
Father Jenkins is advised by the President’s Leadership Council, which works closely with the executive leadership of the University, the deans of the colleges and schools, and the Board of Trustees to guide Notre Dame in all facets of its journey to fulfill its mission.
The University is governed by a two-tiered structure (Fellows of the University and the Board of Trustees), in which laymen and women have joined with religious of the Indiana Province of Holy Cross in the governance of the University.
Colleges and Schools
- College of Arts and Letters
- Mendoza College of Business
- College of Engineering
- Keough School of Global Affairs
- College of Science
- Graduate School
- Law School
- School of Architecture
In addition to the colleges and schools, Notre Dame also operates various research institutions, centers and special programs in addition to the University Library system.