Small fire in dining hall causes no significant damage

Author: Dennis Brown

A motor on the exhaust fan of a pizza oven in the South Dining Hall at the University of Notre Dame burned out Tuesday (April 10), causing a small fire near the chimney but no damage beyond the motor itself.

The fire started at about 12:50 p.m. and burned itself out within a few minutes. Fire fighters from Notre Dame andSouth Bendresponded to the scene, and employees and patrons were evacuated as a precaution. The building reopened at 1:15 p.m.

TopicID: 22111