Visitors to campus this weekend for the Notre Dame-Georgia game will find more than just football on the schedule, from lectures on religion in the Middle Ages and toxin hunting with particle accelerators to business insights from Dan Cathy, chairman and CEO of Chick-fil-A.
Friday, Sept. 8
• “Making Everything Out of Anything: Prints, Drawings and Sculptures by Willie Cole,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Galleries II and III, Snite Museum of Art.
• “Rembrandt’s Religious Prints: the Feddersen Collection at the Snite Museum of Art,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Gallery West, Snite Museum of Art.
• Mass, 6:45 to 7:45 a.m., Sacred Heart Crypt; 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5:15 to 6:15 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Boardroom Insights Lecture featuring Dan Cathy, chairman and CEO of Chick-fil-A, 10:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
• International Security Center Special Speaker Event, “Sometimes Less is More in Counterterrorism” featuring Stu Blanchard (DELTA Force/CIA), noon to 1:30 p.m., 2060 Jenkins Nanovic Halls.
• IDEA Center pre-game kickoff event featuring Dan Peate, founder and general partner of Peate Ventures, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., IDEA Center, Innovation Park.
• Football Friday at the DNA Center, 2:30 to 4 p.m., DNA Learning Center, 139 Jordan Hall of Science.
• The Thomas H. Quinn Lecture, “Exponential Tech: Innovation & Disruption on the Road Ahead” featuring Peter H. Diamandis, co-founder of Singularity University, 4 to 5:30 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
Saturday, Sept. 9
• Saturdays with the Saints, “St. Philip Neri — God’s Humorist” featuring Leonard DeLorenzo, director of Notre Dame Vision, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Andrews Auditorium, Geddes Hall.
• Saturday Science Exploration Series, “Fighting for Farmers and Freshwater” featuring Jennifer Tank, Galla Professor of Biological Sciences, 2 to 3 p.m., 101 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Game Day Rosary, 2:30 to 3 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Saturday Scholars Series, “A Rabbi, a Priest, and an Imam Walk into a Coffee Shop: Talking About Other People’s Religions in the Middle Ages” featuring Tom Burman, director of the Medieval Institute and professor of history, 4 to 5 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Pre-game Mass, 4 to 5 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart; 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
• Monogram Club post-game Mass, 30 minutes after the game, Monogram Club.
Sunday, Sept. 10
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
For more information, visit gameday.nd.edu.