Lectures on the morality of capitalism and World War II and American literature and a recital featuring Notre Dame Junior Alex Mansour on cello are among the many events surrounding this weekend’s home football game against Navy.
Friday, Nov. 17
• “Making Everything Out of Anything: Prints, Drawings and Sculptures by Willie Cole,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Galleries II and III, Snite Museum of Art.
• “Rembrandt’s Religious Prints: the Feddersen Collection at the Snite Museum of Art,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Gallery West, Snite Museum of Art.
• “Building Bridges of Faith,” photographic depictions of papal visits to the Holy Land, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight Sunday, through Dec. 9, first floor, Hesburgh Library.
• Mass, 6:45 to 7:45 a.m., Sacred Heart Crypt; 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5:15 to 6:15 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Football Fridays at the Eck, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center Patio.
• Boardroom Insights Lecture, featuring Crane Kenney, president of business operations, Chicago Cubs, 10:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
• “Is Capitalism Moral?” featuring Notre Dame alumnus James Otteson, chair in business ethics and professor of economics at Wake Forest University, and Patrick Deneen, David A. Potenziani Memorial Associate Professor of Constitutional Studies at Notre Dame, noon to 1:45 p.m., Jenkins Hall and Nanovic Hall Forum.
• IDEA Center Innovation Rally, featuring Aisling MacRunnels, chief marketing officer, Synack, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., IDEA Center, Innovation Park.
• Gallery Tour: Highlights of the Snite Museum of Art, 1 to 1:45 p.m., entrance atrium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Book signing and behind-the-scenes tour and display of sports-related items from the University Archives, featuring archivists Charles Lamb and Elizabeth Hogan, authors of “Notre Dame at 175: A Visual History,” 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. and 3:15 to 4:15 p.m., 607 Hesburgh Library. Space is limited. To secure a spot, visit bit.ly/2uimqEN.
• “Alex Mansour: A Junior Recital,” featuring Notre Dame junior Alex Mansour on cello, 7 to 8 p.m., Leighton Recital Hall, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
• 24th annual “Concert of the Missions” benefiting Yancana Huasy, a Holy Cross Mission in Lima, Peru, featuring the Notre Dame Folk Choir, 8 to 9 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
Saturday, Nov. 18
• Saturdays with the Saints, “St. Nicholas — Miracle Worker and Gift Giver,” featuring Lawrence S. Cunningham, O’Brien Professor of Theology Emeritus, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Andrews Auditorium, Geddes Hall.
• Dooley Society Lectures, “Drill Like a Champion Today,” featuring Mike Jung, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Jordan Hall Auditorium 101.
• Game Day Rosary, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Saturday Scholar Series, “Total Mobilization: World War II and American Literature,” featuring Roy Scranton, assistant professor of English, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Postgame Mass, 30 minutes after the game, Basilica of the Sacred Heart; DeBartolo Performing Arts Center; Monogram Room (monogram winners and guests only).
Sunday, Nov. 19
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
For more information, visit gameday.nd.edu.