The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) will present four awards to the University of Notre Dame at the association’s annual assembly Dec. 9 to 11 in Chicago — among several recent acknowledgments for the University’s advancement offices.
Among the CASE awards:
• Strategic Content and Marketing Communications placed first in Best Website, Individual Page or Section, for “Serendipity,” by Brendan O’Shaughnessy, about a student club that creates 3D-printed hands.
• Strategic Content and Marketing Communications received an honorable mention in Excellence in Feature Writing, Individual, for “Serendipity.”
• Notre Dame Magazine placed second in Best Cover (Magazine, Tabloid or Brochure) for “What Could Go Wrong?” a spring cover on technology.
Two additional Notre Dame Magazine pieces were recognized separately from the CASE awards:
• “The Story Catcher,” by Michael McGregor, was cited among the “other notable essays” in this year’s volume of “Best American Essays.”
• “To Forgive a Killer,” by Rev. Sharon Risher, as told to Abby Pesta, earned a Front Page Award from the Newswomen’s Club of New York as well as first place in essays and criticism at the 2018 Folio Show in New York City.