Country music star Garth Brooks will perform a first-ever full, stand-alone concert at Notre Dame Stadium on Oct. 20 (Saturday). The sold-out event is expected to bring tens of thousands of visitors to the University of Notre Dame campus and the South Bend region.
Those planning to visit campus should be aware of the following:
- Parking — Various parking lots throughout campus will be used for concert parking. A map of parking lot locations is available here. Pre-purchase parking passes are sold out.
- Rideshare — The designated drop-off locations for those coming via rideshare are the Rugby, Lake and Dorr Road parking lots. A drop-off zone will also be created in front of the Compton Family Ice Arena with access via Joyce Drive. Guests can also use the White Field North lot or the intersection of Ivy and Bulla roads and then take a shuttle bus to campus. Shuttle bus routes can be found at gameday.nd.edu.
- Security measures — The University’s clear bag policy will be enforced for the concert. See the complete list of rules at und.com/clearbag. Magnetometers will also be in use for entry to the stadium. Guests are encouraged to arrive at the gates early to allow sufficient time for the screening process.
- Tailgating — Tailgating is allowed from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on concert day. Tailgating ends promptly at 7 p.m., and no one will be allowed to tailgate during the concert.
- Gates — Gates to Notre Dame Stadium open at 5 p.m.
- Dining — Several University dining options will be open. A complete list is available here. The Morris Inn will also host a backyard barbecue on Saturday from 2 to 6 p.m. on the Wind Family Fireside Terrace.
- Bookstore hours — The Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore is currently selling Garth Brooks at Notre Dame apparel. The bookstore and other campus shopping venues will be open in conjunction with the concert. See a full list here.
- Williams Sonoma Presents Trisha Tailgate — Garth Brooks’ wife, Trisha Yearwood, country music artist and host of “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen” on the Food Network, will host a ticketed tailgating event on Irish Green before the show. More information is available here.
- Mass — Vigil Mass will be held at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on campus at 5 p.m.
For a list of all events on campus that weekend, visit the Garth Brooks event page at gameday.nd.edu.