Performances and events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and Virginia Tech include lectures, plays, panel discussions and conversations with former Notre Dame athletes. Fans are reminded of new security measures at Notre Dame Stadium, including the University’s clear bag policy and the use of metal detectors at all gates.
Friday, Nov. 1
• Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill” and conversations with members of the Notre Dame family, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
• “Fridays at Noon,” Department of Music recital, noon to 1 p.m., LaBar Recital Hall, O’Neill Hall of Music.
• “Creating Healthy Brains: How the Church is Combining Neuroscience and Theology to Promote Child Development in Haiti,” featuring Neil Boothby, research faculty member and founding director of the Fostering Resilience Initiative at Notre Dame, noon to 1:30 p.m., Remick Commons, Carole Sandner Hall.
• “Priestly Sins: Purifying the Church After the Scandals,” featuring Rev. Dominic Legge, O.P., director of the Thomistic Institute and assistant professor in systematic theology at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., 1030 Jenkins Nanovic Halls.
• IDEA Center Innovation Rally, featuring Francis J. Flynn, the Paul E. Holden Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Innovation Park.
• “What Would You Fight For?” sneak peek, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Cedar Grove Cemetery Open House, 2 to 6 p.m., Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• Global Health Seminar: “HIV: The Early Years,” featuring James W. Curran, dean of the Rollins School of Public Health and co-director of the Center for AIDS Research at Emory University, 2 to 3 p.m., Carey Auditorium, Hesburgh Library.
• Graduate Business Programs Open House, 2 to 3 p.m., 203 Mendoza College of Business
• Undergraduate Business Program Highlights, 3 to 4 p.m., 161 Mendoza College of Business.
• “Catching Up With … Dave Casper ’74 and Allen Rossum ’98,” featuring former Notre Dame football players Dave Casper and Allen Rossum, 3 to 4 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• “Global Health: A Journey Through Ecuador,” featuring David Gaus ’84, founder and CEO of Andean Health and Development, 3:15 to 4:30 p.m., 283 Galvin Life Science Center.
• “‘Thunder from the Sky’: Loud Organ Music in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart,” 3:30 to 3:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Reading by Poet John Deane, Irish poet and novelist and founder of Poetry Island, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Snite Museum of Art.
• Open Rehearsal, The Band of the Fighting Irish, 4:45 to 5:15 p.m., Ricci Family Fields.
• Glee Club Open Rehearsal, 5 to 5:30 p.m., Leighton Concert Hall, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
• Daily Rosary, 6:45 to 7 p.m., Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes.
• Glee Club Fall Concert, 8 to 9:30 p.m., Leighton Concert Hall, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
Saturday, Nov. 2
• Confessions at Basilica of the Sacred Heart, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Cedar Grove Cemetery Open House, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• Game Day Rosary, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Saturdays with the Saints, Saint Thomas Alphonsus Liguori, “A Saint for the Impious,” featuring Francesca Murphy, professor of theology at Notre Dame, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Andrews Auditorium, Geddes Hall.
• Science Exploration Series, “Beating the Spread: Wagering Against Two Proteins that Spread Breast Cancer to the Bone,” featuring Laurie Littlepage, the Campbell Family Assistant Professor of Cancer Research at Notre Dame, 11 a.m. to noon, 101 Jordan Hall.
• NDCAN Lecture Series featuring David Gaus ’84, founder and CEO of Andean Health and Development, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 105 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Saturday Scholar Series, “Signal Jammer: ‘Recent Paintings,’” featuring Jason Lahr, associate professor of art, art history and design at Notre Dame, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Saturday Morning Mass in the Crypt, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Crypt of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Glee Club Pre-Game Concert, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Hesburgh Library Quad.
• “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” noon to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
• Post-game Mass, 30 minutes after the end of the game, Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Basilica of the Sacred Heart Crypt, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, residence halls.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart; 11 a.m. to noon, Parish Center Chapel.