Discussions of the Trump presidency and novel strategies for fighting neurodegenerative diseases and a lecture by the CEO of Kohl’s are among the events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and the University of Pittsburgh.
Friday, Oct. 12
• “Solidary and Solitary: The Joyner/Giuffrida Collection,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, through Dec. 15, Snite Museum of Art.
• “There’s No Place Like Time: A Retrospective of Video Artist Alana Olsen,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, through Dec. 2, Scholz Family Works on Paper Gallery, Snite Museum of Art.
• Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways, plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill,” a sneak peek of “What Would You Fight For?” and conversations with members of the Notre Dame family, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Boardroom Insights Lecture, featuring Michelle Gass, CEO of Kohl’s, 10:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
• “Debating the Trump Presidency,” an academic event sponsored by Constitutional Studies, featuring special guests Charles Kesler, professor of government at Claremont McKenna College, and Jonah Goldberg, senior editor of National Review, and moderator V. Phillip Munoz, professor of political science at Notre Dame, 11 a.m. to noon, The Forum at Jenkins Nanovic Halls.
• Friday Reconciliation, 11 to 11:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Mass, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5:15 to 6:15 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Innovation Rally — An IDEA Week Event, featuring Andrea Anderson, vice president of design thinking, SAP Design, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Innovation Park.
• “What Would You Fight For?” sneak peek, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Undergraduate Business Program Highlights, featuring a summary of Mendoza College of Business undergraduate degree offerings and a Q&A with advising staff, 2 to 3 p.m., 161 Mendoza College of Business.
• "Catching up with ... Josh Adams," featuring former Notre Dame running back Josh Adams, 3 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Football Fridays Reporters’ Roundtable, featuring longtime Notre Dame football analysts Tim Prister (’82) and Lou Somogyi (’84), 3:30 to 4 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Daily Rosary, 6:45 to 7 p.m., Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes.
• EXALT Adoration, a night of praise and worship adoration, 7:30 to 9 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• “Sorin: A Notre Dame Story,” a one-man play about Notre Dame founder Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C., 7:30 to 9 p.m., Patricia George Decio Theatre, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
Saturday, Oct. 13
• Book signing featuring Rocky Bleier, author of “Pluck of the Irish” and former captain of the Notre Dame football team, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore.
• Gameday Rosary, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Saturdays with the Saints, “Matteo Ricci: A Saint for Inculturation,” featuring Rev. Nathan O’Halloran, S.J., of Wyoming Catholic College, doctoral student in theology at Notre Dame, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Geddes Hall Auditorium.
• “Cracking the Brain’s Mysteries: Novel Strategies to Cure Neurodegenerative Diseases,” featuring Kevin Vaughan, associate professor of biology at Notre Dame, 101 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Saturday Scholar Series, “Why ‘Frankenstein’ Matters at 200: Rethinking the Human through the Arts and Sciences,” featuring Eileen Hunt Botting, professor of political science at Notre Dame, and Greg Kucich, professor of English at Notre Dame, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Post-Game Mass, 30 minutes after the game, Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Basilica of the Sacred Heart Crypt, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, residence halls.
Sunday, Oct. 14
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.