Performances and events surrounding Saturday’s home football game between the University of Notre Dame and Navy include lectures, plays, panel discussions and conversations with former Notre Dame athletes. Fans are reminded of new security measures at Notre Dame Stadium, including the University’s clear bag policy and the use of metal detectors at all gates.
Friday, Nov. 15
• Football Fridays at the Eck, featuring food, prizes and giveaways plus “Chalk Talk with Bill and Bill” and conversations with members of the Notre Dame family, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
• “Fridays at Noon,” Department of Music recital, noon to 1 p.m., LaBar Recital Hall, O’Neill Hall of Music.
• IDEA Center Innovation Rally, featuring Vice Adm. Mathias “Mat” Winter ’84, retired former defense acquisition specialist for the U.S. military, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Innovation Park.
• “What Would You Fight For?” sneak peek, 1 to 1:15 p.m., Eck Visitors Center.
• Inaugural ND-Navy Debate, “Resolved: The United States ought to provide a universal basic income,” 1 to 2:30 p.m., Carey Auditorium, Hesburgh Library.
• Cedar Grove Cemetery Open House, 2 to 6 p.m., Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• Graduate Business Programs Open House, 2 to 3 p.m., 203 Mendoza College of Business
• Undergraduate Business Program Highlights, 3 to 4 p.m., 161 Mendoza College of Business.
• The Thomas H. Quinn Lecture, “The Culture Code: Unlocking the New Science of Successful Groups,” featuring Daniel Coyle, New York Times bestselling author, 3:30 to 5 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
• “Looking at the Stars,” featuring the NDSMC Irish Dance Team performing traditional Irish dances among original works of Irish art, 3:30 to 3:50 p.m., Snite Museum of Art.
• Open Rehearsal, The Band of the Fighting Irish, 4:45 to 5:15 p.m., Ricci Family Fields.
• Glee Club Open Rehearsal, 5 to 5:30 p.m., LaBar Recital Hall, O’Neill Hall of Music.
• Daily Rosary, 6:45 to 7 p.m., Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes.
• EXALT Eucharistic Adoration, 7:30 to 9 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• “Kathleen Battle’s Underground Railroad: A Spiritual Journey,” featuring five-time Grammy Award-winning soprano Kathleen Battle, 8 to 10 p.m., DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
Saturday, Nov. 16
• Confessions at Basilica of the Sacred Heart, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Cedar Grove Cemetery Open House, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Cedar Grove Cemetery.
• Saturdays with the Saints, Saint Padre Pio, “The Sacrament and the Stigmata,” featuring Rev. Nathan O’Halloran, S.J., 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Andrews Auditorium, Geddes Hall.
• Game Day Rosary, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• “Feeding, Function and Fossils: You Are How You Chew,” an interactive presentation from the lab of Matthew Ravosa, professor of biology at Notre Dame, with specimens from the Museum of Biodiversity, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 101 Jordan Hall of Science.
• NDCAN Lecture Series, “Value Based Healthcare Payment, Can We Do This and Maintain Access to Care Consistent with Catholic Teachings on Justice: A Clinician’s Concerns with MACRA,” featuring James Gajewski ’78, consult to the Lu Daopei Hospital in Beijing, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 105 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Saturday Scholar Series, “Treasures of the Sinai Desert: The History and Marvels of the Ancient Monastery of St. Catherine,” featuring Nina Glibetić, associate professor of theology at Notre Dame, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Glee Club Pre-Game Concert, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Hesburgh Library Quad.
• Saturday Morning Mass in the Crypt, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Crypt of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• “‘Looking at the Stars’: Irish Art at the University of Notre Dame,” noon to 5 p.m., through Dec. 14, Snite Museum of Art.
• Band of the Fighting Irish Concert on the Steps, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Bond Hall.
• Post-game Mass, 30 minutes after the end of the game, Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Basilica of the Sacred Heart Crypt, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, residence halls.
Sunday, Nov. 17
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart; 11 a.m. to noon, Parish Center Chapel.