A lecture on technological innovation and an opening exhibition of dozens of religious prints from Rembrandt are among the many events surrounding this weekend’s home football game against Temple University.
Friday, Sept. 1
• “Making Everything Out of Anything: Prints, Drawings and Sculptures by Willie Cole,” 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Galleries II and III, Snite Museum of Art.
• Mass, 6:45 to 7:45 a.m., Sacred Heart Crypt; 5:15 to 6:15 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Boardroom Insights Lecture featuring Byron Spruell, president of league operations for the NBA, 10:40 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business.
• Mass, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• IDEA Center Innovation Rally Event, “The Accelerating Change with Technological Innovation” featuring Randy Glein, cofounder and managing partner of DFJ Growth, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., IDEA Center, Innovation Park.
• Unveiling ceremony, Father Hesburgh stamp, 1 to 2 p.m., Purcell Pavilion, Joyce Center
Saturday, Sept. 2
• Saturdays with the Saints, “The Child Saints of Fatima,” featuring Sister Ann Astell, professor of theology, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Andrews Auditorium, Geddes Hall.
• Game Day Rosary, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
• Saturday Science Exploration Series, “Hunting Toxins with a Particle Accelerator,” featuring Graham Peaslee, professor of experimental nuclear physics, noon to 1 p.m., 101 Jordan Hall of Science.
• Saturday Scholars Series, “The Ellsworth Outage, 1854: Or How the 19th Century Jesuits Built a Global Catholicism,” featuring John T. McGreevy, I.A. O’Shaughnessy Dean of the College of Arts and Letters and professor of history, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museum of Art.
• Post-game Mass, 30 minutes after the game, Basilica of the Sacred Heart, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, Monogram Club, Alumni, Dillon, Keough, Ryan, Siegfried, Sorin halls.
Sunday, Sept. 3
• “Rembrandt’s Religious Prints: the Feddersen Collection at the Snite Museum of Art,” noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 3 to Nov. 26, O’Shaughnessy Gallery West, Snite Museum of Art.
• Mass, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, Sacred Heart Crypt; 8 to 9 a.m., 10 to 11 a.m., 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Basilica of the Sacred Heart.
For more information, visit gameday.nd.edu.