The Office of the Provost at the University of Notre Dame has announced the promotion of 53 faculty members across the Universitys five colleges, Graduate School, Law School and Hesburgh Libraries.
Information on faculty who have been promoted, including those who have achieved tenure, tenure-track or emerita/emeritus status also is available online via a new Web site, which can be found at http://provost.nd.edu/tenure-promotions/ .
Faculty promotions are:
College of Arts and Letters
- To professor: Charles E. Barber, art, art history and design; Laura A. Carlson, psychology; Agustin Fuentes, anthropology; Gabriel A. Radvansky, psychology; Michael C. Rea, philosophy; Ke-Hai Yuan, psychology* To tenure, associate professor: Rev. Paulinus I. Odozor, C.S.Sp., theology; David Wayne Thomas, English* To associate professor and tenure: Christine A. Becker, film, television and theatre (FTT); John A. Blacklow, music; Jon T. Coleman, history; Keir A. Lieber, political science; Sylvia Li-chun Lin, East Asian Languages and Cultures; Gitta Lubke, psychology* To associate professional specialist: Connie L. Mick, University Writing Program; Shauna L. Williams, Romance languages and literatures* To professional specialist: Siiri S. Scott, FTT; Anre Venter, psychology* To emeritus: James O. Bellis, anthropology; Brother Lois Hurcik, C.S.C., physical education and wellness; Donald P. Kommers, political science; George M. Marsden, history; Vaughn R. McKim, philosophy; Thomas J. Schlereth, American studies
College of Science
- To endowed professor: Bradley T. Smith, Emil T. Hofman Chair in Chemistry and Biochemistry* To professor: Boldizsár Jankó, physics* To associate professor and tenure: Patricia L. Clark, chemistry and biochemistry; Michael T. Ferdig, biological sciences* To emeritus: Walter R. Johnson, physics
College of Engineering
- To professor: Patrick J. Fay, electrical engineering; Xiaobo Sharon Hu, computer science and engineering; Joseph M. Powers, aerospace and mechanical engineering* To associate professor and tenure: J. Nicholas Laneman, electrical engineering; Scott C. Morris, aerospace and mechanical engineering* To research professor: Alexander Mintairov, electrical engineering; Alexei Orlov, electrical engineering* To emeritus: Albert E. Miller, chemical and biomolecular engineering
Mendoza College of Business
- To associate professional specialist: Janet L. OTousa, accountancy* To emeritus: Michael J. Etzel, marketing; LeRoy J. Krajewski, management
School of Architecture
- To tenure, associate professor: David T. Mayernik and Steven W. Semes* To professional specialist: Alan R. DeFrees* To emeritus: Norman A. Crowe
- To professional specialist: Barbara M. Turpin
- To professor: Anthony J. Bellia Jr., Patricia L. Bellia, Nicole S. Garnett and Richard W. Garnett* To tenure, associate professor: Amy Coney Barrett
- To librarian: Carole J. Pilkinton* To associate librarian: Jessica N. Kayongo and Cheryl S. Smith